Saturday, September 28, 2013

September 21st - Garibaldi Lake

Time flies!

Lots of things happened in the past ten days, so I will try to point out at least the most important ones.
First of all: On Friday the 13th we celebrated my birthday. There were around 30-35 people and we celebrated in our unit. I think most people had fun; at least I had.
The next day started early and although I was still slightly drunk I managed to deal with the 5 km of the Color Run. It was more walking than running but still funny and I think there are some pictures on  Facebook. After that I went home and watched my first American Football game! It was the homecoming game of the Thunderbirds (which is UBC's team) but unluckily they lost...
Then there was David's birthday on the 17th which was Scottish themed since he is from Scotland. I tasted Scotch and some other stuff and maybe I ended up a bit drunk.
On the 18th we had a Swedish dinner which Joakim and Jonathan prepared for us. It was an awesome experience and very tasty. Maybe a German dinner will follow soon ;)

And then there was the 21st of September.
Our first destination was downtown because we had to get the car we rented. We, that means Gloria, Laure, Pauline, Tash and me. It was actually a really nice car and I were allowed to drive! :)
It took us about one and a half  hour to get to the start of the hiking path.
I think for the way up we needed around 3 hours and for the same way back it took us about 2 hours.
I hope you enjoy the pictures after such a long text.
 These are all photos I took while we were going up. Now the "real" Garibaldi lake follows.
The last photo was taken by some Canadian guys we met there.
After that and lots of more pictures we had to get back to our car.
....and we made it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment