Monday, September 16, 2013

August 31st - First day on UBC campus

Moving in date! Although I had a really good time at the hostel, I was really happy when we finally could move into our residences!
I took the bus and was curious about my new home. In the bus you could easily recognize other UBC exchange students since we all had our suitcases and bags to carry. There I met for example Anna and Janneke and together we got the keys for our homes. Here are the first pictures:
This is my room and the "fair" view out of the window :)
It's like a little village and you have your friends next door to you! It's so easy to meet some people here and most of them are really friendly like my three roommates. The first one of them I met was Yolan from Belgium and we decided to go to IKEA since we needed basic things like a blanket, a pillow etc. We went with his brother who would stay for 3 more nights and Brian, who was also on Grouse Mountain.
Later that day I met my second roommate Joakim from Sweden who is not only a good friend but also an excellent guitar player, cook and much more.
In the evening there was a house warming  party at Juliette's place where I met a lot of nice people like the Danish crew (mostly Danish guys but I'm also part of it). It was a great first evening and a good opportunity to meet lots of new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment