Friday, September 6, 2013

August 25th - Capilano Suspension Bridge/Meeting the first students

This was a quite busy day and you can say that I made my first Canadian experiences since there are aquariums all over the world. But a huge suspension bridge? - I don't think so.

It started around 7 o'clock in the morning when Simon and me went for a run to and through the Vanier Park which was across the Burrard Bridge. I think we ran ca. 8 km and that really calmed me because I will take part in the Colour Run which is about 5 km.
After that I took a shower, had breakfast (sorry, no details) and chatted with a Dutch guy called Robin. So Simon, Robin and me decided to visit the Capilano Bridge in the north of Vancouver by taking a free shuttle bus there.
Short  information for you: By then I had a new roommate who was from Israel and about 60 years old.
So when we wanted to start he asked us where we're going and after we had told him he totally wanted to join. We were like: why not? and our trip started.
It took us 40 minutes to get there and 35 bucks to get in and it was definitely worth it!

Robin, Simon and our "old guy"
After this great trip I left the group to catch my bus which brought me back to the Stanley Park where I wanted to meet the first other exchange students. These three guys (Heather from England, Juliette from France and Patrick from Germany) are awesome!
We introduced ourselves and started walking at the seaside of Stanley Park where you had a great view at Vancouver downtown.
Quite good weather, eh? Not every spot in Canada is covered with snow ;)
These two guys are Heather and Patrick, looking for the meaning of life or maybe just enjoying the great view.
After that we went to a restaurant in Stanley Park and experienced Canadian kindness by our waitress. Additionally the burger was delicious.
Since we were on the east side of Stanley Park and there was a concert on the west side we had to go through the whole park which is a bit like a rain forest. That means it is pure nature and not just a "park" with green grass and flowers!
The girl on the right is Juliette and we are explorers!
There is a small train going through the woods, maybe for children. In the middle of the park there was a lake as you can see below.
After that there were lots of trees and stuff, until we arrived at the "Second Beach".
And this was one of the bands on the concert. I didn't know them but it was a great atmosphere chilling in the sun and listening to some rock music!
After a long break including Patrick's little nap, we headed south to get some food and found an incredible talented guy. He was piling stones on top of other stones and we thought it was a trick with glue or something until Heather touched one and it fell instantly. (I'm still trying to do that)
We went to a sushi bar (first time for me) and had some delicious and really inexpensive food. Sushi is for sure one of the cheapest meals you can get in Vancouver and still it is great.
This day ends here and I hope you enjoyed the pictures. For me, this blog is about giving you an impression of Vancouver and the easiest way to do that is showing photos, so don't wonder why I write sometimes so few.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment